When it comes to strength and weight, the Hitchgate™ Solo packs a powerful punch. With the same tow rating as its bigger siblings and the capacity to carry up to a 35-inch tire (see below for details), the Solo is ready for whatever the adventure calls for.
The Hitchgate Solo was designed to go lean and low on the next adventure while still being prepared. The Hitchgate Solo’s reduced weight is perfect for those looking to carry a 35-inch (see below for details) or smaller spare tire, and Rotopax fuel cans. Not only is weight reduced, but so is the overall height of the horizontal support arm which sits 4″ lower than a Hitchgate Classic or MAX.
By relocating the truck mount at the *same level* as the vehicle’s receiver hitch, the Solo is uniquely designed to accommodate vehicles that have a tight clearance between the rear hatch/door and the receiver (Ex: Sprinter, Renegade, Tahoe, Grand Cherokee). The Hitchgate Solo is also a phenomenal candidate for Subaru models and any vehicle where every pound counts.
- Universally fits on almost all vehicles with a Class III/2″ hitch receiver and is perfect for SUVs, Jeeps, vans and pickups.
- Ground clearance is maintained with minimal change in departure angles when driving off-road.
- Release a single latch pin and it opens wide for full access to the vehicle’s cargo space.
- The Hitchgate Solo line is tow-rated at 7,500 lbs (max trailer weight) and 750 lbs (tongue weight). *These limits may be more than your vehicle’s capacity. ALWAYS stay within the limits of your vehicles tow/tongue ratings)*
- The tire carrier is rated for 150lbs of total weight. If your tire and wheel reach that limit, you won’t be able to carry any fuel or tools…look towards the Hitchgate Classic or Max for more capacity.
Solo Standard (UHG32130): Best for midsize vehicles where the bumper is molded around the hitch. (ex. Current body style Grand Cherokees). Subaru Outback & Crosstrek.
Solo High-Clearance (UHG33187): Most popular product. Great for Midsize vehicles up to a 35”(4Runners, Tacoma’s, Colorado’s, Subaru’s) and Full-Size up to 35”(Silverado’s, Dodge Ram, Ford F150, F250, Sequoias, Etc.)
Solo XL (UHG32206): Designed for Sprinters, Promasters, Transits. Also works on Full Size vehicles up to a 35”. Also, this is the only Hitchgate that works for the Land Cruiser.
- Max of 35" tire on mid-size
- Max of 33" tire on full-size
- For tighter clearance between hitch & door/gate
HitchGate Solo High-Clearance
- Same as the standard Solo, but with a base that sits 4.5" higher
HitchGate Solo XL
- 5" wider than standard Solo
- 3" longer tongue
- Center mount only
- For full size vehicles or larger tires
Q: Will I be able to open up my rear hatch with a HitchGate Solo Attached?
A: Solo Standard: You'll need a minimum of 3" from the top of the hitch to the bottom of the door.
Solo High-Clearance: You need 7" from the top of the hitch receiver to the bottom of the rear door.
Q: What's a Swing Cargo Hitch?
A: Simple, it's an optional 2" receiver that is added to the Solo for additional cargo carrying capacity. Not only can you carry more cargo, this second receiver is added to the swing portion of the Solo. Meaning that the attached cargo accessory swings with the main arm, maintaining access to the rear of your vehicle.